A couple weeks ago, on my 32nd birthday, my friends threw me a party…a baby shower! Five of my girlfriends (Natalie, Nikki, Marcie, Ali, and Jill) organized the event at the American Women’s Club and they did an amazing job. They decorated the cafe, made a very tasty lunch, and even had a delicious, beautiful cake made by another friend of mine, Janet. Several other friends of mine (and 3 very cute little girls) joined in on the fun too. I had a fantastic time!
I was overwhelmed at all the wonderful gifts that the baby and I were showered with…from adorable outfits, to sweet baby books, to essentials for a new parent. I even got serenaded with the Happy Birthday song. It sounds cheesy, but I left feeling so filled with love that day.
One of the fun things the girls put together for me was a book of advice for a new mother, including:
- You can never hold and cuddle your baby enough, especially when they’re tiny and still let you.
- Sleep when the baby does, the house won’t be that dirty.
- When starting solids, be patient…don’t give up on a food until you’ve tried it 8-10 times.
- When the kids fall and there is blood, use a dark blue or red towel to soak it up. The more red everyone sees, the more upset everyone gets.
- Everything is a phase, so when the sleepless nights and teething seem like it will never end, remember it will all pass.
Got any other new mom tips to share?
Here’s some of the photos that were taken. (Please excuse my goofy faces – I got a little embarrassed being in the spotlight.)
If you’d like to see the rest of the photos, I’ve posted them on PicasaWeb. Thanks to Ali and Leah for being the photographers.
- Birthday Baby Shower (25 photos)