Quilt Festival 2009

Park City Girl is holding an online festival of quilts this week and has asked readers to blog about their favorite quilts they’ve made.  She’s got over 500 entries so far – wow!  I’ve only made two real, completed quilts, so far – a Bento Box baby quilt and a Cowpoke baby quilt. They were both great fun and I was really proud of both, but one of my favorite quilts I made was only 4 inches by 6 inches.  It was a postcard quilt that I designed to look like a cherry blossom branch.

My First Fabric Postcard - Cherry Blossom

This little quilt, unfortunately, has been lost.  It was part of an unsuccessful swap where I never heard from the swapper if it arrived, and I never received anything back.  It happens sometimes, but I still enjoy swaps.  You can read more about how I designed the postcard, and my inspiration photo on my old blog:

So I don’t leave this post on a sad note, check out some of the other crafts I’ve made by clicking on the Crafts tab up above.  I’ve updated it to include some of my recent projects.

14 Comments on Quilt Festival 2009

1. ozquilter
    April 24, 2009 at 11:52 AM (5 years ago)

I love small quilts and this is lovely, such a shame your good work received no return from the swapper, as you say, it happens. Lovely quilt story.

ozquilter´s last blog post..Baking ANZAC biscuits

2. the quilt rat
    April 24, 2009 at 1:34 PM (5 years ago)

Great postcard! I LOVE postcards, so unfortunate that no card or response was given to you. ( I am stamping my feet saying NO Fair! ) Glad you have that wonderful photo to share with us.

3. Q&B
    April 24, 2009 at 3:43 PM (5 years ago)

I love I love I love. I love how you embellished the postcard!

Q&B´s last blog post..Spring Cleaning

4. Serena
    April 24, 2009 at 4:24 PM (5 years ago)

This is such a cute little quilt….so sorry it was lost but perhaps it was still appreciated…great work!!

Serena´s last blog post..Not Quite Finished…

5. Zonnah
    April 24, 2009 at 4:37 PM (5 years ago)

It is very cute :)

6. Amy @ parkcitygirl
    April 24, 2009 at 10:53 PM (5 years ago)

It’s Beautiful! I love the buttons! Thanks for sharing :)

Amy @ parkcitygirl´s last blog post..Doll Quilt Swap 6

7. Cindy
    April 25, 2009 at 2:31 AM (5 years ago)

very nice. I love the buttons. great design

Cindy´s last blog post..

8. AnnieO
    April 25, 2009 at 7:51 AM (5 years ago)

Sooo sorry this treasure was lost! I love the way you did the stitching for the branches and buttons for the blossoms. What a great texture you achieved! Thanks for sharing.

AnnieO´s last blog post..Another kind of quilter

9. Penny G
    April 26, 2009 at 1:32 AM (5 years ago)

I love it. I hope that whoever has the postcard at this point can appreciate its beauty.

10. Katie
    April 29, 2009 at 11:53 PM (5 years ago)

Ewww. I used to do swaps. They were so much fun when people participated. But like you, there were some times I put in a lot of work and never got anything back, down to a note. So sorry that had to happen to you. I’m glad you have a picture of it, though! I really think it’s super cute.
    Katie

Katie´s last blog post..Inspiring Finds in American Malls

11. Vicki
    May 3, 2009 at 7:25 PM (5 years ago)

This is a wonderful tiny quilt. I really like all the buttons.

12. Lydia
    May 12, 2009 at 9:33 AM (5 years ago)

What a delightful miniature quilt. I love all the thought you put into finding such an eclectic range of buttons that really appear to be blossoming right there and then. Your quilt is still out there somewhere, brightening up a bit of the world.

Lydia´s last blog post..Plus 27% Strakker